Search Strip Archives

   New Comic Mon & Thurs!
 

Thursday, December 2, 2010

107. In Blackest Night



A few weeks ago, Time Warner released the official trailer for DC Comics' Green Lantern. Since I was about 10-years-old, the Green Lantern has always been my favorite superhero, so it comes to no surprise that I'm more-than-excited about this film. After I saw the trailer I felt like a child again. I remembered all those times that I pretended I was Kyle Rayner, creating out-of-this-world constructs and fighting bad guys with the most powerful weapon in the universe. It was a pretty awesome feeling and then it started: all of the complaints. As with every single nerd property turned film, you have your fair share of folks who will pick it apart detail by detail. While some of their comments are valid, a majority are just hollow criticisms.

That's not what bothers me though, what bothers me is when I hear others condemn anyone who dares feel some form of joy. Look, if you have something to say about the movie and would like to air concerns, go right ahead. When you start calling people idiots for liking something you don't, especially when it's a trailer, you're just being silly. I say let people enjoy what they wish to as long as they're not hurting themselves or anyone else. That being said, summer 2011 is when a childhood dream comes true, and I couldn't be happier.

Aaron
__________________________

Leave a Comment




submit to reddit

.



No comments:

Post a Comment