Search Strip Archives

   New Comic Mon & Thurs!
 

Monday, May 9, 2011

150. BS90X



Now, I’m not one to turn my nose up at fad diets and extreme workout regimens. I’m currently abs-deep in Tim Ferriss’s “The Four-Hour Body.” And I once stayed on the nearly-zero-carb “induction” phase of the Atkins Diet for three years. True story.

The P90x program fascinates me, not because of its combination of obvious recommendations and marketing misdirection. They all do that. What fascinates me, though, is that P90x is a program so unsustainably exhausting that it practically begs you to not only drop it after 90 days, but to never want to break a sweat, ever
again. It takes a certain swagger to market a fitness product so antagonistic to its
own users.

I’m also a little bitter that they rejected my proposed tagline, “P90x: You can do it! LOL. Hahahahaha. Oh. Oh man.”

Yama
__________________________

Click to Leave a Comment




submit to reddit

.



No comments:

Post a Comment