Search Strip Archives

   New Comic Mon & Thurs!
 

Thursday, April 21, 2011

147. Glee-ming the Cube



Today’s comic comes from a place of guilt and embarrassment on my part. I use a site called Miso to track and share what I watch. Early on, when I first started using, none of my friends (aside from my brother) were using it, so it was safe to assume that they weren’t able to see what shows and movies I was checking into.

Well, I had decided to check out “Glee” on Netflix to see what all the fuss was about. When I got the first disc on Blu-ray, I watched it and checked into it. It needs to be said that if any of my friends in the Gentlemen were following me at the time, I wouldn’t have checked in because I knew that I would likely get made fun of. I knew this because I probably would have done the same to them.
Then one day, I saw that both James and Abe of the Gents were following me. I instantly realized what this would likely mean. So I called them and tried to use what James refers to as the Eminem defense, as demonstrated by the movie “8 Mile.”

Ultimately, I would try to make fun of myself and beat them to the punch. The M. Night Shyamalan of it all (also known as the twist of the story) was that they likely wouldn’t have noticed what I had checked into in the past, and by telling them, I got made fun of anyway.

Travis “Going back to 8 Mile” Kennedy


__________________________

Click to Leave a Comment




submit to reddit

.



No comments:

Post a Comment