Search Strip Archives

   New Comic Mon & Thurs!
 

Monday, April 11, 2011

144. Cheese-Borgia, Cheese-Borgia, Cheese-Borgia



“The Borgias” might be a good show. I have no idea, because I don’t have Showtime,
and the sad state of “Dexter” isn’t enough to make me want to subscribe to Showtime.
But that’s another story. So here’s the thing about “The Borgias.” When your ad
campaign literally screams “SEX – POWER – MURDER” and “THE ORIGINAL
CRIME FAMILY,” you don’t make me want to watch your show to catch all the tasty
sex and power and murder. You make me feel gross, like an overly-aggressive phone
salesman at the mall who thinks he’s pushing the right buttons when he shrieks at you
about more minutes and lower rates, but really, he’s just making you want to get to your
car faster.

Also, the title “The Borgias” sounds like 50 other things that have nothing to do
with “The Borgias.” My advice would have been to name the show “The Pope Who Used
His Weiner (On Women).”

Yama
__________________________

Click to Leave a Comment




submit to reddit

.



No comments:

Post a Comment